Skip to main content

"Nice Day for a White Wedding"

Today 8/6/13 is supposed to be my wedding day. 

Venue was all booked and nearly all paid for.... Dress was chosen, invites in envelope, quartet being auditioned. 

January 1st 2013 started the beginning of the end. I called it off. Shit. Fuck. Bollocks. I've done it.

Today I feel strange. Free. New. Light. Care free. The person who I am. Today I feel like the jigsaw piece that does not fit.... But guess what? That's ME. LOLA. But I am sad. I can't help it. 

Last night, I was home alone and all I could think about was what I was supposed to be doing. I had a girly PJ party organised in the bridal suite. I was supposed to be sipping champagne with my girls and giggling with butterflies at marrying my forever love. But he wasn't. Was he? 

Just because I finally made the decision does not mean that this hurts any less. If anything it hurts more because if I had kept quiet and put up with it all then I would not have hurt him. Or anyone else. We could all be having a gorgeous wedding weekend in an old boutique manor house. Complete with sunflowers, champagne, pixie dust, fairies and angels. 

I am sorry for the pain I feel I caused. 

Maybe one day those people who have faded will understand. It will be too late. The stronger I feel myself become the more I understand that those people who have gone were pretending too??? 

Finding out who is real in your life hurts. In silence. 

Like many people believe, this was not out of the blue. It might make them feel better thinking it was.

Head in the sand is a wonderful thing but come up for breath and you will see the truth. The truth hurts but when resolved will end in Love... The love of someone or the love of yourself. After the truth it will be unconditional. 

Tonight I'm not sleeping with my new husband, I'm sleeping on my own. Happy. Honest. Proud. 

Sweet dreams everyone xxx 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Me

My name is Lola, I'm 28, a single mum of 2 gorgeous boys and I am the Co-Director of The FitMama Studio Ltd in Basingstoke.  Writing it down and seeing it seems exhausting enough...  I have started this blog to not only help me find my truth but help me through my journey to self worth and self love. It is intended to show those mummies who struggle, who are scared, who are unsure, who need courage and inspiration to take the steps to become a better version of themselves.  I want all mummies to know that 'its ok' and 'you are normal' and only YOU can find your own happiness and only YOU can change what needs changing.  I hope by following me you feel safer in knowing that your not alone.  Sending my Pixie dust your way ✨🌟

4 years on.... tomorrow, to the day. Spooky.

I announced last week that I was thinking of writing my blog again and had not thought much of it until today. I honestly just sat down and started playing around with the theme, the colours and my profile and as I started to actually write I saw that it has been 4 years. WOW. As I was flicking through my blog, I saw that I had something like 500 viewers. I did not even realise many people were even interested in what I had to say. It spured me on to share with you my experiences of all the many hats that I wear. I have lots of hats;  A mum to 2 boys with different dads, this comes with 2 separate hats that sometimes have to go together,  a step mum hat , a wife hat, a student hat, a business owner and sometimes I manage to get time in for friends hat ;) I am not a writer or particularly good at grammar or spelling....  I am sorry if my writing offends the grammar police ;)  So why have I decided to write again?   My mum reminded me of the small blog I started in 2013 and so I r

My own Bubble

I have had quite a few of you asking me, when is my next post. I have been wrapped up in my own little bubble, it's really quite nice in here.  On a serious note.  Writing down my past feelings brought back a lot of emotions and memories, some of which I had forgotten. I have needed to deal with this in my own way.  Writing this blog started my journey to true recovery. I decided to get rid of plastering up my emotions with antidepressants, no partying the nights away, no stupid training regime and no 'starving' myself or bingeing on chocolate.... These are my usual tricks to ignore the pain inside.  I have decided to feel my pain and let it burn. If I do not feel the pain, how will it go away? It wont, it will stay forever. All that pain will eat away inside, without me even realising. One day it will show its ugly head in the form of a bitter, twisted, single mum who hates men (and women) and will just be sad. I certainly do not want to be that person. I want to stay me.